Fortunately, it is possible to watch any content from your iPhone to TV. This guide will tell you multiple methods to mirror an iPhone to a TV without Wifi.
For this purpose, you do not need a Wifi connection rather some simple tricks can help mirror the iPhone. Screen mirroring allows you to play any media on your TV.
The connection can be made wired or wireless. You can choose either method depending on your suitability and convenience.
The wireless method has an advantage as it does not limit your freedom and access to iPhone. While with the wired connection, you cannot take away your iPhone.
However, for a wireless connection, your TV should be a smart TV equipped with advanced features. Following are the various methods to mirror iPhone to a TV.
Method 1: Apple Airplay
If you own a smart TV that comes with built-in AirPlay, screen mirroring is not a problem.
Most of the latest TVs such as Sony, Samsung, Vizio, and LG are equipped with built-in AirPlay 2 support.
You can confirm from the user manual of your TV whether it has this feature or not. While all Apple devices such as iPhone, iPad, or Mac support AirPlay.
You can mirror photos, videos, and other content- stored in your iPhone- to your TV through this feature. However, playing online videos will require a Wifi connection.
Apple peer-to-peer mirroring requires Apple TV- a 3rd or 4th Generation. While the Apple TV must be upgraded to software 7.0 or later.
While iPhone should be operating iOS 12 or later version. Otherwise, you cannot connect your devices. Follow these steps to start mirroring;
- Disconnect both iPhone and Apple TV from a Wifi or any sort of internet connection and deactivate Wifi.
- Open ‘Settings’ on Apple TV and turn ON the Bluetooth. While enabling Bluetooth on your iPhone too.
- Enable Wifi or mobile data, it will not be used but needed to communicate between both devices.
- Place both devices close to each other. Open the ‘Control Center’ on your iPhone, it will be showing the AirPlay controls and screen mirroring options.
- Tap the screen mirroring button and then choose your Apple TV from the list of devices.
- A passcode or password will appear on your Apple TV screen, enter it on your iPhone.
- Once, the verification is done, your iPhone screen will be displayed on the TV screen.
Method 2: Lightning Connector
This is the wired method and does not require Wifi or Apple TV. You can mirror your iPhone screen to any TV. All you need is an Apple lightning connector and HDMI cable.
Be sure to use the original Apple lightning connector that came with your iPhone. If you use a third part connector, the connection will not be successful.
- Plug the connector into the USB port on your iPhone.
- Take an HDMI cable and join its one end to the lightning connector on your iPhone.
- While plugging its other end into the HDMI port on your TV.
- As soon as you connect all things rightly, your iPhone screen will start mirroring on your TV.
Related: Mirror Android Phone To TV Without WiFi
So, there are two methods to mirror your iPhone. The second one is very convenient because it can be used for any TV.
While the first one requires an Apple TV. There are some devices such as Google Chromecast that can also serve the purpose.
We hope, you liked our effort to help you mirror your iPhone to TV without Wifi.