It is a true fun to watch the videos of your Android phone on the large screen of your TV. But, you may not know that how to mirror an Android phone to a TV without Wifi.
Mirroring over Wifi is very easy but without Wifi, it will need to apply some tricks. However, you should not worry as we have found multiple mirroring methods.
Method 1: Built-in Mirroring Feature
Most of the latest smart TVs are equipped with the built-in screen mirroring feature called Miracast. It uses a Bluetooth connection with other devices.
Hence, you can mirror your Android phone without Wifi. However, it requires Miracast compatibility on your phone.
While you can confirm your TV’s compatibility from the user manual. The latest models of Sony, LG, and Samsung TVs come with this feature.
So, the mirroring method is as follows;
- Go to ‘Settings’ on your Android phone and turn ON the Bluetooth.
- Open the ‘menu’ on your TV and select ‘Settings’.
- Find the ‘Bluetooth’ or ‘Screen Mirroring’ option and turn them ON.
- Wait for your TV to discover your Android device, it should appear in the ‘Screen Mirroring List’.
- On a first-time connection, your Android phone may ask you to enter the passcode to confirm just like a new Bluetooth connection.
- Agree with the terms and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- Now, your phone screen will be displayed on your TV and anything you do on the phone can be watched on the bigger TV screen.
- Turning OFF the Bluetooth will stop mirroring the screen.
Method 2: Bluetooth Dongle
In case, your TV does not support a Bluetooth connection, you can use another method. Mostly, the older TVs do not have Bluetooth or Miracast features.
But, you can still mirror your Android phone to your TV. All you need is a Bluetooth dongle, you can purchase it from Amazon.
It is a smart device that can be plugged into the USB port on your TV. It serves as the signal transfer between both devices.
Just plug the Bluetooth dongle into a working USB port on your TV. Turn ON the Bluetooth on your Android phone.
Your TV will appear in the Bluetooth list on your phone, pair both devices and start mirroring the screen.
Method 3: HDMI Port
If you find the above methods difficult, try the simplest one. Just make a physical connection between your phone and TV to mirror the screen.
It does not require Wifi support at all. Almost, all TVs come with one or more HDMI/USB ports. They are usually located at the back of your TV.
First, you have to enable USB debugging on your Android. You can find this option in the settings. If it is not visible follow these steps;
- Open the ‘Settings’ on your phone and then choose ‘About Phone’.
- Navigate to the ‘Build Number’ and tap it repeatedly for 7 times.
- The screen will show you a warning message saying “Tapping further will enable Developer Options”. Stop tapping the ‘Build Number’ once the Developer Option is enabled.
- Now, go back and reboot your phone, open the setting again.
- Click the ‘Developer Options’, you should see it under the ‘System Settings’ menu.
- Scroll down to find the ‘USB debugging’ option, toggle the switch to enable it.
- Now, take an HDMI cable and connect its one end to your Android phone, and then plug the other end into the HDMI or USB port on your TV.
- As soon as you connect both devices, your phone screen will automatically mirror the TV.
Method 4: ScreenCasting
If you want to mirror a specific program or app from your phone to TV, Screencasting is a good option.
However, it limits the mirroring screen. It is app-specific such as Youtube features Screencasting.
The mirroring method is as follows;
- Launch the Youtube app both on your Android phone and TV.
- Find the code on your TV and enter it on the Android phone.
- Play a video and click the ‘Cast’ button at the corner of the screen.
- All the videos playing on Youtube will mirror your TV screen. Repeat the same process to cast from other apps such as Netflix.
Method 5: Chromecast and Other Devices
It is an advanced method to mirror your Android phone screen to your TV. Further, you can also use this device to mirror other smart devices without using Wifi.
You can buy a Chromecast from Amazon, it is not an expensive device. Follow these instructions to mirror your phone through Chromecast;
- Turn ON your TV and plug the Chromecast into the HDMI or USB port on your TV.
- Go to Play Store on your Android and download “Google Home”.
- Launch this app and it will guide you further to make a connection between your TV and phone.
- It allows you full mirroring options and is one of the easiest methods.
There is another device called ScreenBeam Mini2 adapter. It works just like Chromecast and mirrors your phone screen to TV without Wifi.
So, if you do not have a smart TV or Wifi availability, do not worry. Your wish to enjoy your phone videos on the large TV screen can still come true.
There are various options to mirror the screen. This article has listed five methods.
You can choose any of them to mirror your Android phone screen to the TV without Wifi. Tell us in the comment section which method you liked the most.