This article includes the methods to reset JBL speakers. There are various types of JBL speakers. So, the reset method varies for different versions.
A JBL speaker needs to be reset when it poses charging or connection problems.
Moreover, the reset also solves other issues such as muffled or low audio, frequent disconnection, and not connecting to a particular device.
The reset refreshes your speaker and deletes the Bluetooth pairing list. This guide will tell you the reset process for each model of JBL speaker.
Forget from the Connected Device
Before resetting your JBL speaker, you need to disconnect it from the paired device.
Suppose your JBL speaker is paired with a PC or laptop. Open the Bluetooth menu and click your speaker’s name.
Remove it permanently from the device memory by clicking the ‘Forget’ or ‘Disconnect’ option.
Similarly, you can forget your speaker from your phone. The process is the same, go to Settings>Bluetooth menu on your phone.
Tap your speaker and choose ‘Forget. Now, turn OFF Bluetooth on all nearby devices so that the speaker may not connect automatically.
Reset JBL Flip 4, Clip 4, and JBL Xtreme
The reset method for the three speakers is the same;
- Make sure your device is charged, turn ON your speaker by pressing the ‘Power’ button.
- Go to the paired Bluetooth device and ‘Forget’ your JBL Flip 4, Clip 4, or Extreme from the pairing list.
- Now, press and hold the ‘Volume Up’ (with a + sign) and the ‘Play’ buttons at the same time.
- Release the buttons when the speaker turns OFF.
- At this point, the speaker should give a guitar sound and its light goes OFF.
- After a few seconds, turn ON your speaker and put it into Bluetooth pairing mode.
- The reset process is confirmed by the power button glowing blue.
Reset JBL Charge 4, and Boombox
The process to reset these three speakers is as follows;
- Press the ‘Power’ button to turn ON your speaker.
- Go to the Bluetooth menu on the device connected to your speaker.
- Forget and disconnect the speaker from the Bluetooth pairing list.
- Now, press and hold the ‘Volume Up’ and Bluetooth buttons at the same time.
- Release the button when the speaker produces a sound and the lights turn OFF.
- After some time, turn ON your speaker again. If the Bluetooth button lights up, your speaker has been reset successfully.
Reset JBL Link 10 and 20
- On your speaker, press and hold the ‘Power’ button until it turns ON giving a guitar sound.
- Now, press and hold the ‘Mute’ button for a few seconds.
- Release the button when the speaker turns OFF
- Turn ON your JBL Link 10 and it should be in pairing mode if the reset was successful.
Reset JBL Pulse 3 and JBL Go
- Press the ‘Power’ button on your Pulse 3 until it turns ON producing a guitar strum sound.
- Now, press and hold the ‘Volume Down’ and the Bluetooth buttons at the same time.
- Your speaker will go through a series of different colored lights and will turn OFF.
- If the ‘Power’ light is still ON, hold the ‘Power’ button to shut down your speaker completely.
- Turn it ON after a few seconds and it should be in pairing mode.
Reset JBL Flip 5
- Turn ON the speaker by holding down the ‘Power’ button.
- The button should glow with a blue backlight when the speaker is turned ON.
- Now, press and hold the ‘Volume Up’ and ‘Play’ buttons simultaneously till the speaker goes OFF.
- It gives a guitar sound and the backlight goes OFF.
- Turn ON the speaker again by pressing the power button which glows blue and the Bluetooth button starts blinking.
Related: Resetting JBL Bluetooth Headphones
This article is a complete guide for you as it told you the reset method for all JBL speakers. We also told you that when you should reset your speaker and what problems it solves.
Further, we recommend resetting your JBL before selling it or if you have purchased a used device. Because reset is meant to restore the default factory settings on your device.
Therefore, it is necessary to troubleshoot the device. If you follow this guide correctly, you can reset any of your JBL speakers successfully.