If you are also trying to connect two wireless subwoofers to one soundbar at your home theater, you are right here as I will clear your doubts about it.
First, keep in mind that Bluetooth subwoofers can be connected one at a time directly to your soundbar. If you are thinking of connecting both the wireless subwoofers to one soundbar, you can do so but not simply.
Suppose you have an old wireless subwoofer and now you upgraded the sound system and got a new subwoofer that is also wireless. Both of these subwoofers can connect to your soundbar but one at a time.
It could be tricky to connect both of them because if you connect one the other will disconnect as Bluetooth connects to a single identity at a time.
Methods to Connect 2 Wireless Subwoofers to One Soundbar
There are multiple methods to connect two subwoofers to one soundbar. It depends on the connectivity options your soundbar offers.
- First of all, look at what connectivity options are available on your soundbar. If there are more than one port, the job is easy.
- If your subwoofer has a wire connectivity option, you can connect both of the speakers to your home theater easily.
- Generally, RCA wire with red and white analog connectors is used to connect the sub to the soundbar.
- Take two separate RCA wires and connect the compatible end of each wire to each subwoofer.
- Now, connect the other end of the wires to the separate ports on your soundbar.
- Your soundbar may have only one RCA port.
- In this case, you need a Y-splitter that lets you connect two subs to one soundbar.
- Plug the Y-splitter into the RCA port on your soundbar.
- Connect separate RCA wires to each of the subwoofers and then plug the other ends of the cable into the splitter.
- Another method is to connect one sub wirelessly and the other physically.
- You can also connect them wirelessly in such a way that one subwoofer is connected wirelessly and the other with wire.
- Make sure your sub and soundbar support wireless connectivity or Bluetooth.
- Likewise, both devices should have at least one port for physical connectivity.
- Pair one sub wirelessly via Bluetooth or through the wireless technology.
- Connect the other subwoofer using the RCA or some other type of cable.
If you have an amplifier or receiver in your home theater setup, connecting two subs to one soundbar is very easy.
- Use wires to connect both subwoofers to the amp or the receiver.
- Now, connect your soundbar to the same amp.
- Tune all three devices together. The amp or the receiver will establish the connection between three devices.
For connecting two wireless subwoofers to one soundbar, follow the steps:
- Pair one subwoofer with a soundbar, and pair a new one if you purchased a new subwoofer
- Locate the connection point between a Bluetooth receiver and amplifier in the paired subwoofer
- You can run the cable from here to the same place in the unpaired subwoofer
Related: How To Power a Car Subwoofer at Home
FAQs About Wireless Subwoofer Connectivity
There are some answers to the questions that you should know. These may be appearing in your mind.
Can you connect two wireless subwoofers directly to one soundbar at the same time?
The simple answer is, “NO”. With Bluetooth, two connections at the same time are not possible. If you have one new and one old subwoofer, you can connect either of them at a time even if they are the same model.
Is there any other authentic way to connect both wireless subwoofers?
There is no method that will guarantee to work for you. However, the above-mentioned method is the only way you can use to make a connection between the soundbar and both wireless subs.
Also Read: Best 12-inch Subwoofers For Home Theater
Do multiple subwoofers increase the bass?
If you are planning to hear a louder and heart-thumping bass install multiple subwoofers just for it. Stop here! and instead of connecting multiple small subwoofers, get a bigger one to hear the desired sound quality.
For excellent bass, see our review of the most expensive home subwoofers. Buying a single subwoofer like this is much better than connecting many of the small subs.
If you can do this, you can surely connect both of your wireless subwoofers to a single soundbar. So you can enjoy a more powerful bass.
This was everything you need to know about connecting two subwoofers to only one soundbar. Hope you will find all 4 methods very useful.