You have bought a new Sonos speaker and soundbar and do not know how to connect it to new Wifi? We are here to help you. This article will guide you fully. Even if your Sonos speaker is not new, this article is helpful for you. Because you may have changed your Wifi password, network name or purchased a new Wifi router.
All these conditions require reconnecting your Sonos to the new Wifi. You can either make a wireless or a wired connection. We are describing both methods in this article.
Set up Your Sonos
Before connecting your Sonos to a new Wifi, you should complete the setup process. Place your Sonos speaker or soundbar closer to the Wifi router. If you place your Sonos too far from the Wifi router, it will not connect properly due to weak signals.
The next step is to download and install the Sonos app on your mobile or laptop. The mobile device is the better option because you can control your Sonos conveniently. Complete the setup process of the Sonos app. Also, power on your Sonos speaker or soundbar.
Connect your Android or iOS device to the new Wifi router. Make sure that you connect your mobile device to the same network to which you are going to connect your Sonos.
Connect Your Sonos to a New Wifi
Download the Sonos S1 or S2 app on your Android or iOS device. Remember that his process can not be completed on PC or Mac. So, you need a mobile device to connect your Sonos to a new Wifi. Follow these instructions;
- Open the Sonos app on your Android or iOS device.
- It should automatically find your Sonos speaker. You will see the message “New Sonos product found” on the screen.
- If the app is unable to find your Sonos, click on the “Add product” option.
- Next, act according to the directions displaying on the screen.
- The app will tell you to power on your Sonos speaker. If it is on then select the “Continue” option. This will take a few minutes to search your relevant Sonos.
- After a few minutes, your Sonos speaker will appear in the list. Now, click on the “Set up this product”.
- Next, the app will show the message “Set up Sonos”. Tap on the “Continue” button to proceed further.
- Your Wifi network will be shown in the network section. Select it and continue to “Use this network.”
- Here you need to enter the password of your Wifi.
- Click the “Continue” button after entering the password.
Congratulations! Your Sonos is now connected to your new Wifi network.
Problems While Connecting Sonos to a New Wifi
The above-given steps are simple and easy. If you follow them in the correct order, you can readily connect your Sonos to the new Wifi.
However, you may face some problems while making this connection. For example, if you are reconnecting your Sonos speaker to the same router but its password is changed. In this case, when you open the Sonos app, it says “unable to connect to Sonos”. You can solve this issue by two methods.
Go to Settings on the Sonos app. You will see either of two options, “Unable to find your Sonos system” OR “Update your network settings.” Click any one option and follow the on-screen instructions.
Related: Sonos Speaker Not Found Fixed
When the app says, “Unable to connect to Sonos”, Click on the “Learn more” option. Next, tap on the message saying “Changed router or Wifi settings.” Complete the connection process by following the on-screen instructions.
If your Sonos speaker is not appearing on the Rooms list of the app, reboot the speaker. Unplug your Sonos from the power supply and plug it back in after a few seconds. Another option is to reset your Sonos speaker or reinstall the Sonos app.
Hopefully, this guide has helped you in connecting your Sonos to a new Wifi.
I am Memona Aman, editor of Speakersmag.com. I am naturally inclined towards modern technical gadgets. I love to research on speakers and soundbars. I write articles on this blog to share my latest knowledge. I am happy to assist you in your search for the best audio devices.