If you want to learn the exact method to connect Xbox 360 to a phone with USB, follow this guide.
Fortunately, Xbox 360 is a versatile gaming device. You can connect it to your PC, phone, and controllers.
I will tell you the practical method in a few simple steps. I have tried them myself.
Moreover, I will also tell you the pros and cons of each method. So, let us learn to make a connection between the two devices.
1. Connect Your Phone to Xbox 360
Whether you own an Android or an iPhone, Xbox 360 can be connected to it. It allows you to stream music, media, movies, and games through your mobile device. This process involves two major steps;
Step 1: Connecting via USB
Take a USB connector cord or OTG cable. Its one end is a micro USB connector while the other end is standard.
- Plug the micro end into your phone.
- Plug the standard end into one of the ports on your console as it has 3 USB ports.
- Turn ON your Xbox 360.
Step 2: Setup
- Now, you have to set up the devices.
- Use the controller, keyboard, or mouse to go to “My Xbox” on the console.
- Select the “Video Library” option and then “Picture/Music Library”.
- This selection depends on the type of content you want to stream from your phone.
Step 3: Start Streaming
- Choose “Portable Device” from the list of available devices.
- A list of media files will show on your phone screen.
- Press the green select button on the controller to play a file.
2. USB Tether Your Phone to Xbox 360
Another way to connect is via USB tethering. You can share your mobile data with Xbox. The process is as follows;
- Use a USB connector cable to connect your phone with Xbox 360 console.
- Now, go to “Settings” on your mobile device. Click “Personal Hotspot” and turn it ON.
- Next, choose “Other sharing mode”. Toggle the “Share mobile network via USB” button to the ON position.
In this way, your mobile data will be shared on Xbox 360. But, this method is not much effective. Be ready to face lag. Also, make sure that you have unlimited data.
How to Troubleshoot if USB is not Working
Generally, the connection between the phone and Xbox is straightforward. However, sometimes, it does not work and devices fail to detect each other.
In this case, follow these troubleshooting steps to solve the issue;
- Make sure your Xbox 360 console is compatible with your phone or the device.
- Ensure you are using the right USB cable.
- Connect the cable to a different USB port on your console.
- Examine the cable for any defects and damages. Try a different cable or replace the damaged one.
- Restart both devices and re-establish the connection.
- Charge both devices and try again.
FAQs About Xbox 360
If you want to learn more about the console, read the following commonly asked questions and answers.
What to do if I am having trouble updating my Xbox 360?
Sometimes, you cannot access the menu to update your console. In such a situation, the update can be downloaded via the official page. Go to the Xbox 360 system update page on your computer. Insert a USB drive into your computer and download the update in it. Finally, insert the flash drive into the console and install the latest version.
Can I connect Xbox 360 and phone via Bluetooth?
Unfortunately, Xbox 360 does not support Bluetooth. It has a wireless protocol to connect with its controller. However, a great option is to download the “SmartGlass” app on your smartphone. It will turn your mobile or tablet into a second screen for Xbox. Hence, it lets you control and play games and movies.
Can I download Xbox 360 Games to a USB Drive?
Yes, it is possible. Just plug a USB flash drive into your console. Select the game you desire and start the downloading process. Before accepting the purchase, the system asks where you want to download the game. At this point, select a USB drive as the storage device.
Also Leant to Connect Your Phone to Xbox One with USB
Hopefully, this guide has helped you a lot. I have told you two methods to connect your phone to Xbox 360 with USB. Follow this step-by-step guide to establish the connection successfully.