Although computers have built-in speakers yet they do not outperform. Therefore, you need to connect Bluetooth speakers to your monitor.
But, you should know the right way to pair the audio device. In this guide, I would explain the method for this connection. There are 3 methods to connect both devices.
Before you start pairing your speaker with the computer, read the following guidelines. These are the predatory steps to avoid any problem;
- The pairing method may differ across various Bluetooth speaker brands or monitors. Kindly have a look at the user manual of your audio device.
- Make sure your speaker is powered ON and is in pairing mode.
- Charge the audio device before connecting. Because due to a low battery, it may not pair.
- Keep the speaker close enough to the monitor. Because Bluetooth has a certain working range that is around 30 feet.
- No other wireless device should be connected to your speaker.
- Likewise, your monitor should not be connected to some other wireless audio device.
Method: 1. Connecting Speakers to Monitor via Bluetooth
Once, you successfully pair the Bluetooth speakers, the monitor remembers it. Next time the connection is established automatically. Here is the step-by-step guide for connection;
Step 1: Enable Bluetooth on Your Speaker
- First of all, power ON your speaker. Generally, all speakers have a clearly defined power button.
- As soon as you turn it ON, the speakers enter the pairing mode.
- However, some wireless speakers have a dedicated Bluetooth button.
- You have to press and hold this button to activate the Bluetooth connection.
Step 2: Enable Bluetooth on Monitor
- Open the “Settings” menu on your monitor.
- Choose “Devices” and then “Bluetooth and Other Devices”.
- Turn ON Bluetooth by sliding the toggle button to the “ON” position.
- Next, click on “Add Bluetooth or other Device” and hit the “+” button.
Step 3: Pair the Devices
- Your speaker will show in the list of available devices. Click the speaker, and its model number and name appear.
- The monitor will take a few moments to detect the speaker.
- Voice notification is given by the speaker when it is paired.
- Similarly, the notification also appears on the monitor screen.
- You can also connect a pair of wireless speakers to your computer.
- Usually the first pair to each other. Then, one of them is connected to the source device.
Step 4: Play and Test
Finally, you have to confirm the connection. Play any audio file or song on your computer. Increase the volume gradually. The sound and volume are controlled mainly by the monitor.
Test by playing multiple audio files. The monitor sound should play through your speaker.
Method: 2. Connecting Bluetooth Speakers to the Monitor with Cable
Almost all wireless speakers have a wired connectivity option. So, you can also connect them through the cable.
This method is especially helpful in case your monitor does not support a Bluetooth connection. Here is the process;
- Locate the 3.5mm Aux or audio port on your monitor.
- It is usually located at the back and can be identified by a headphones symbol or “Audio Out” label. The port is like a headphone jack on your smartphone.
- The 3.5mm cable may be provided with your speaker.
- Insert one end of the cable into your speaker.
- Now, plug the other end into the audio port on your PC.
Method: 3. Connecting Speakers to Monitor Lacking Bluetooth Support
Some old monitors do not support Bluetooth and lack built-in features. But, you can still pair them with wireless devices.
You just need to buy a Bluetooth USB dongle or adapter. It is a small device that is plugged into the USB port on your PC.
This adapter blinks when plugged in. Some have a power ON button, press it to enable the adapter.
Then, your computer shows the Bluetooth icon on the screen. Click this icon and search for your speaker. You can also pair by going to the “Device Manager” section.
Bluetooth will appear in this section as on a normal computer. The rest of the method is the same as mentioned above.
Do You Know?
Bluetooth is a professional wireless technology invented in 1998. There are many versions ranging from 1.0 to 5.3. However, the lower versions do not exist in the current era.
Because the advanced versions are better in terms of speed, pairing, data transmission, and audio quality. This technology operates on UHF (Ultra-High Frequency).
Short wavelength radio waves are exchanged between wireless devices with this technology. Its frequency spectrum ranges from 2.402 GHz to 2.480 GHz.
Bluetooth speakers work the same way as wired ones do. The only difference is signal reception. They receive audio signals wirelessly unlike the wired ones.
How to Troubleshoot the Monitor not Connecting to Bluetooth Speaker
If your monitor fails to pair with a Bluetooth speaker, try the following troubleshooting tricks;
- Make sure the monitor and speaker are close to each other. Put them side by side.
- Go to the Bluetooth menu and check if your computer is connected to some other wireless device.
- Disable all the extra Bluetooth devices. Because they can interfere by pairing automatically with your speaker or PC.
- Turn Bluetooth ON and OFF on the computer. Forget the speaker from the list and then pair again.
- The batteries of your speaker should be charged enough. Check the rechargeable batteries and put in new ones if they are expired.
- Turn OFF your speaker for a few seconds and then turn it ON again. Repeat the restart process a few more times.
- Reboot and restart your monitor.
- If you have plugged in a Bluetooth dongle/adapter, make sure it is powered ON.
- Unplug and replug the dongle. Use another USB port on your computer to plug in the adapter.
These checks and tricks can help fix your problem.
The following frequently asked questions help you further in understanding Bluetooth speakers.
What are the advantages of Bluetooth speakers?
Indeed, they are very beneficial because of various features. The most desirable benefit is portability and flexible connectivity. They connect to all wireless devices and you do not need the clutter of wires. Moreover, Bluetooth speakers are light weighted and ideal for outdoor parties/picnics, travel, and hiking. Other features are compactness, easy placement, quick pairing, loud sound, rechargeable battery, and stylish designs.
What is the easiest way to connect the Bluetooth speaker to the monitor?
In addition to wireless pairing, the Bluetooth speaker also features a physical input port. The easiest way is to use the 3.5mm cable. This is a plug-and-play solution. If you want a hassle-free setup and smooth audio transmission, choose the wired method.
Do all monitors have built-in Bluetooth?
All monitors or computers may not have built-in Bluetooth. Especially the older and traditional models. However, you can use a Bluetooth dongle or adaptor to install the functionality. In this way, you can connect your monitor to speakers or other wireless devices.
You may also like: Play Bluetooth and Monitor Speakers Simultaneously
So, there are 3 ways to connect your Bluetooth speaker to the monitor. You can make a wireless as well as a wired connection. Stay connected with us for further guidance and information.