This article is the ultimate guide for you if you are looking for a perfect method to connect your Sony Bluetooth headphones to Android. The method is quick and easy.
Sony headphones come in various models including Sony noise-canceling headphones, headsets, earbuds, etc. All of these models feature wireless connectivity.
So, you can connect them to an Android device using Bluetooth to listen to music or calls.
Step 1: Turn on Your Sony Headphones
All Sony headphones have a power button. Press and hold the power button for 2 seconds. The LED indicator will flash blue when the headphones are powered on.
Step 2: Turn on Bluetooth Pairing on Your Sony Headphones
Next, you need to put your headphones into pairing mode so that they can be discovered by other devices.
To do this, press and hold the power button for 7 seconds or until the pairing tone informs you. When the pairing mode turns on, the LED blinks red and blue.
Step 3: Connect Sony Headphones with Your Android Phone
- Open Settings on your Android and navigate to Bluetooth.
- Click on the ‘Bluetooth’ tab and turn it on.
- Next, click the “Pair new device” option.
- Your Android will show the list of available Bluetooth devices after a few seconds scan.
- Choose your Sony headphones name from the updated list.
- Both devices will be paired quickly.
Play some audio files on your Android and the voice should come from your Sony headphones. This confirms the connection’s success.
Connect Sony Headphones to Android: Connect App
There is another method you can use to connect your Sony headphones to Android. This is through Sony Headphones Connect app. The method is as follows;
- Go to Google Playstore on your Android device.
- Download and install the “Sony Headphones Connect” app on your phone.
- Open the app and follow the on-screen instructions to launch it.
- Now, turn on Bluetooth pairing mode both on your Sony headphones and Android.
- Soon, your Android device will discover your headphones, click on the name, and place both devices side by side.
- Next, choose ‘Pair’ and within a few moments, both devices will pair through the app. Now, you can control your Sony headphones through your Android.
How to Un-pair Sony headphones from Android
Once you have paired both devices, they will stay connected. As soon as you power on your headphones, they will connect to your Android if Bluetooth is enabled on it.
However, Sony headphones can be paired to two devices at the same time. But, you need to direct the audio from your desired device by switching between the connections.
So, if you want to connect your Sony headphones to some other Android device, it is essential to un-pair them from your current Android phone. The process is given below;
- On your Android device, go to Settings and then choose Bluetooth.
- You will see the list of paired devices when you turn on the Bluetooth.
- Click the gear icon or arrow sign in front of your device name.
- It will show you some options, select ‘un-pair’.
Next time you will connect both devices by following the initial steps.
If you want to listen to music, you can connect your Sony Bluetooth headphones to your Android device. If you own a Sony headset, you can also use it to make and listen to calls.
Before connecting, make sure that your devices are not already paired to any other Bluetooth device. It is recommended to reset your Sony headphones before starting the process.
So, this article has told you two methods to connect your Sony headphones to Android. The most common method is direct Bluetooth pairing while an alternate method is the Sony Headphones Connect app.
1 thought on “How to Connect Sony Bluetooth Headphones to Android”
I just tried this and it worked great! Thanks for the tutorial!