The basic design of all soundbars is almost similar. Butt, the setup and connection differ from brand to brand. In this guide, we will help you connect your JBL soundbar to your TV.
There are three different options for connecting the JBL soundbar to your TV. You can connect using HDMI ARC, Optical, and Bluetooth. The last option works only when you have a smart TV supporting Bluetooth.
Method 1. Connecting JBL Soundbar to TV Using HDMI (ARC)
An HDMI connection is the best option for connecting a JBL soundbar to a TV. The reason is that the HDMI connection is highly compatible with digital audio.
It delivers smooth and high-definition sound. HDMI is a two-in-one connection. It transmits both audio and video.
Follow these simple steps for making the connection between your TV and JBL soundbar;
- Find the HDMI (ARC) port on the soundbar.
- Insert the one end of the HDMI cable into the HDMI port.
- Find the HDMI input at the back of your TV
- Insert the other end of the HDMI cable into the TV port.
- Turn on both your TV and soundbar
- Turn on the HDMI CEC and HDMI ARC functions on your TV.
The process is complete. Check whether the TV audio is coming from the soundbar or not.
Related: Connect JBL Speaker To TV
Method 2. Connecting JBL Soundbar to TV Using Optical Cable
An Optical Cable is an alternative to an HDMI cable. It works in the same way.
You can connect your JBL soundbar to your TV by following the same process mentioned above. The process of connecting a soundbar to a TV through Optical or HDMI is the same.
The major difference between an HDMI and an Optical cable is the quality of transmission. HDMI supports all audio formats including Blu-ray, Dolby TrueHD, and DTS.
You get the premium sound quality from an HDMI connection. Moreover, it can also send video signals.
While Optical connections cannot transmit the latest audio formats. So, it is not ideal.
Method 3. Connecting JBL Soundbar to TV via Bluetooth
If you have a smart TV that supports Bluetooth then you can connect the JBL soundbar to your TV.
Follow these simple steps to make this connection;
- First of all switch on your soundbar and TV.
- Turn on the Bluetooth on your soundbar.
- You can perform this function via remote or by pressing the button on the soundbar.
- A Blue indicator flashes telling that the soundbar is ready for pairing.
- Now, enable Bluetooth on your TV and search for available devices.
- Select the JBL soundbar on your TV.
- A solid blue indicator lights up when the connection is successful.
- Finally, you can play media on your TV and the sound will come from your JBL soundbar.
Bluetooth connection is not very reliable. It may transmit audio with a delay. Moreover, the sound quality is not the best.
Frequently Asked Questions
Read the following section, which contains the answers to your frequently asked questions:
What is the best method for connecting the soundbar to the TV?
HDMI is the best connectivity option between a TV and a soundbar. Because it delivers high-definition sound without any loss, compression, and delay. The optical connection is the second option but is not comparable to HDMI in terms of quality of transmission.
Is Bluetooth pairing a good option to connect the soundbar to the TV?
Bluetooth connection is suitable because of wireless and seamless pairing. You should choose it if wires annoy you. Most modern TVs and soundbars feature Bluetooth connectivity. However, HDMI still excels above wireless pairing.
Why my soundbar is not connecting to my TV?
Make sure the connection cable is plugged in firmly at both ends. Disconnect and reconnect the cable to resolve the connection issue. In case of wireless connection, restart and re-pair the devices.
Related: Connect JBL Speakers Together
This guide has explained 3 methods to connect your JBL soundbar to TV, you can choose any of these options. All these methods are widely used for pairing a soundbar or speaker to the television. The choice depends on the users perference.