Do you want to learn how to connect drones to Wifi? Stay connected with us and keep reading this guide till the end. In this article, we will explain the functioning of a drone.
Moreover, we will tell you how to connect a drone to Wifi. Some frequently asked questions about drones are also included in this article. You will learn a lot from us.
How Do Drones work?
Some drones do not feature a Wifi connection. They work on radio signals that are sent through the controller.
Such types of drones come with a separate controller as the only means to operate them. They have installed a receiver that captures the RC radio signals.
While the advanced drones come with a Wifi network access point. They have their own built-in Wifi network. You need to connect your phone to the drone’s Wifi.
In this way, you can control the drone directly through your mobile device. The purpose behind installing Wifi in drones is to make flight easier.
Because drones can fly everywhere and at any height and Wifi is not available all the time.
How to Connect Drone to Wifi?
- First, carefully read the user manual of your drone.
- Look for all the buttons and their functions. Your drone has a Wifi toggle switch.
- Power ON your drone and turn ON the Wifi by toggling the switch or pressing the button.
- Enter the passphrase given in the user manual. This is necessary to activate your drone. You can change the passphrase later.
- Now, go to the app store on your phone and download the particular app for your drone.
- Open ‘Settings’ on your phone and turn ON Wifi. Your phone will start scanning, your drone’s Wifi will appear on the screen.
- Click the connect button and make sure that your phone has been successfully connected to your drone’s Wifi.
- Launch the app on your phone. Complete the setup and configuration process by following the on-screen prompts.
- Operate your drone through the mobile app to confirm the connection’s success.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why connecting to Wifi is important for drones?
On GPS, a drone can give only the location information. But, with Wifi, it can record all the data like pictures and videos. You can save and access data on the drone app.
Moreover, a Wifi connection provides extra features. You can update the map and can stream live videos on Youtube and Facebook.
Is the drone’s Wifi secure?
Unfortunately, drone Wifi is not much secure. Because almost all drones follow the basic passphrase. Most of the users claim that it can be hacked easily.
Hence, your drone data can go in the wrong hands. But, it can be made secure by changing the passphrase. Choose an unbreakable passphrase to ensure maximum security.
Can drones fly without Wifi or cellular service?
Yes, drones can fly without cellular or Wifi services. They can fly through GPS built-in them. It helps them find their way and avoid flying at the wrong location.
GPS-enabled drones can detect weather changes, obstacles, and dangers. You just need to operate your drone using its remote control.
Related: How To Connect Drone To Phone
A drone is an amazing device. It is used in the military and other sensitive services. Moreover, some people use a drone for personal security and surveillance.
There are many other uses of drones. They are becoming popular day by day. Therefore, we put out effort in providing some knowledge about drones.
In this guide, you have learned to connect your drone to Wifi. Keep following us for reading more informative articles.