Little built-in TV speakers are not much good and choosing the best external speakers for your TV can take your audio listening to the next level. Enjoy more while watching movies, dramas, shows, or listening to music with good-quality external speakers.
When it comes to choosing the best external speakers for a TV, there are many options available because the market is flooded with speakers today. You can get any type of speaker in your desired price range and features.
As you have to connect external speakers with a TV placed at your home, any speaker designed for home theater can work great for you.
Many people buy soundbars to connect to TV but today I will talk about other speakers that can be used with your TV as external speakers. I am not including any soundbar in this review.
Soundbars are cheaper than powered speakers, passive speakers with a separate amplifier, and other complete sound systems like 5.1, etc.
If you are tight on budget you can get an excellent soundbar at $100 but if you want something that is pretty good and lately could be upgraded, external speakers can do great for you.
How I Selected the Best External Speakers
In this article, I have reviewed different passive and powered speakers and some sound systems. All these can prove excellent external speakers for your TV and will surely increase the audio experience more than desired.
Basically, I like exploring different kinds of audio devices. This fondness leads me to try and test the various speakers and soundbars.
Many of the speakers included in this guide are personally verified by me. While I also do extensive research to determine the quality of a product.
It is not an easy task to pick up the best speakers out of thousands of models. However, I enjoy it and bring my research to you.
I have included almost every type of speaker that you can hook up to your TV as an external speaker. So, read the review fully and you will know about all types of speakers and hopefully be able to choose the best one soon.
No matter which speaker you buy, you must have to hook it up to your TV. For this, I have explained in detail how you can “Connect external speakers to TV” that can help you make connections to whatever speaker you choose.
Kanto TUK Powered Speakers For TV
- AMT TWEETERS - TUK utilizes high-performance AMT tweeters to...
- ALUMINUM DRIVERS - Due to their high rigidity and low mass,...
Here is my top choice of the best external speaker for TV. If you have a good budget these speakers can perform great for you. The built-in amplifier, various connection options, and Bluetooth compatibility make these speakers perfect for TV.
These are bookshelf speakers whose size is very close to compact speakers, meaning that they are easy to accommodate in any corner even if your room is very small.
Unlike some other bookshelf speakers, these have really great sound quality with outstanding bass and distortion-free sound.
No matter if you watch movies, dramas or listen to music you are going to have a good experience.
There is a port for subwoofer connection. When a subwoofer is added, these become perfect speakers for listening to music at your desired volumes.
You can connect easily both modern and old TVs using optical, RCA cables, or Bluetooth connection.
Air Motion Transformer (AMT) tweeters are the highlighted feature of these speakers. These are totally different than regular speakers and by moving air very quickly produce fantastic sound.
With the remote, you can adjust bass and treble and keep them exactly at your desired level which may not be possible using volume buttons.
Now the last thing, the design that is really beautiful as you can see in the picture. You will hardly find a design like this. It’s really eye-catching that is going to increase the beauty of the room where placed.
Finally, if you can afford it, you can have really great external speakers for TV. But if these are out of your budget there are many other options available for you.
- Kanto TUK is equipped with DSP technology
- Audio processing and optimization are great
- It is an aesthetic choice to upgrade your TV sound
- This speaker system can add an external subwoofer and also has the headphones port
- Kanto TUK speaker system is compact
- Elegance and style combined together
- AMT tweeters and Aluminium drivers
- Rich in both wired and wireless connectivity options
- An expensive wireless speaker system
- Features Bluetooth 4.2-the older version
Cheap Speakers-Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers
- 2 x AUX INPUT - Convenient connection to any device that has...
- STUDIO SOUND QUALITY - Natural sound reproduction from 13mm...
If you are tight on budget, this pair of speakers is perfect for you. You don’t need to buy any amplifier because these are powered speakers that can be directly connected to your TV using an RCA cable.
The size of these speakers is really small because of 4″ woofers and 0.5″ tweeters which means these are not going to provide good bass and high volume.
For audio enthusiasts who love high volume and bass, these are not recommended, speakers. These are perfect only for people who just want to upgrade TV speakers on a low budget.
As compared to previous speakers, these don’t have Bluetooth connectivity but have remote control and AUX connectivity by which you can connect directly to your phone using a 3.5mm jack or any other device even a TV that has an aux port.
The cabinet is built with MDF finished with wood that looks almost beautiful in your home studio.
In short, if you are looking for external speakers for your TV a low budget, there could be no other option better than these speakers.
- Edifier R1280T do not need an amplifier as they are powered speakers
- They have a compact design, suitable both for computers and TV
- A low-budget sound solution to upgrade the TV sound
- Wooden enclosure and classic finishing
- Comes with a remote control
- The manufacturer gives a 2-year warranty
- No wireless connectivity and Bluetooth support
- Not for audiophiles due to normal volume and bass
Monoprice 10565 Premium 5.1 Channel Home Audio System
- While superb sound quality is the ultimate goal of any home...
- Now you can have it all - great sound, great looks, small...
If you have a limited budget, don’t worry because still you can get something special. Monoprice 10565 Premium 5.1 Channel can produce really high-quality sound though the sound is not much loud.
We always wish to buy a complete sound system but it costs high and we have to compromise on things. Here your problem is solved. You have a complete sound system with a subwoofer to hear the sound you always wish for.
A subwoofer is the most important part of a sound system that you need to buy separately but here it comes along with it. Covering very low frequencies, this speaker system increases the bass and clarity. Dramas or movies you watch on TV will have a clear sound.
There are 4 satellite speakers on the side and one center speaker. All of these speakers have 3″ drivers and 3/4″ tweeters that can handle the power of 100 watts. All these speakers can handle frequencies from 110 Hz to 20 kHz.
The subwoofer is generated by 200 watts built-in amplifier and can handle frequencies from 30 Hz to 150 Hz. This subwoofer has an 8″ down-firing speaker.
In short, you can have an excellent sound system on a reasonable budget. If you love pure sound you must give it a try to this sound system.
- Monoprice 10565 are luxury speakers with a classic finish
- It is a 5.1 channel system with a subwoofer and 4 speakers
- It is equipped with a built-in amplifier and a down-firing speaker
- A complete sound system, actually a steal deal under $200
- High quality at a low budget
- Compatible with all home theater devices
- Small size, suitable for compact spaces
- Easy setup and wireless technology
- The subwoofer is prone to heating up
Klipsch Reference 5.1 Surround Sound System-Perfect External Sound Speakers For TV
Now here is my one of the favorite brands, Klipsch. You may have used some other speakers of this brand, if not you should try it at least once.
This compact set of 5.1 surround speakers provides excellent sound quality. The subwoofer has great power for low-end frequencies coverage it’s wireless for ease of connection to your TV if it also supports wireless connection.
The sound quality is really great but it is not much high as compared to bigger speakers with a cinema-like feeling.
Four satellite speakers are small but their combined sound is enough for small and medium-size rooms.
It is only a 5.1 surround sound system that can help you take advantage of real sound. Having these speakers, you have actually a perfect sound system in a small space.
The wireless subwoofer has a built-in amplifier and down-firing speaker and covers low-frequency sounds to deliver the cleanest and distortion-free sound.
- Klipsch Reference is a 5.1 channel audio system
- Wins higher customer satisfaction due to its outstanding performance
- It is a surround sound system that gives outstanding audio quality
- Its subwoofer comes with an integrated amplifier and down-firing speaker
- Clean, crisp, and distortion-free sound
- Small size but big sound
- A true cinematic sound effect
- Best choice for the budget
- Not ideal for large rooms
- The subwoofer becomes annoying sometimes
Samsung SWA-8500S 2.0 External TV Speakers
- Bring wireless surround to your Samsung sound plus Soundbars
- Product only compatible with select Samsung Soundbars....
These speakers are very cheap that can work with your existing source like a Samsung soundbar. If you have a soundbar at your home, these can add great value on a very affordable budget.
If you want to connect these speakers to your TV, the better is to buy a Samsung soundbar.
The sound produced is clear and crisp while the bass is also reasonable. These are very compact and made from sleek metal that you can mount on the wall.
You can watch movies, dramas, and shows with a great sound better than built-in speakers but if you want to enjoy music these may not be much good for you because of bass.
Although the main unit is connected using a wireless connection the speakers connect to the main unit using wires.
- Samsung 8500S features surround sound technology, ideal for movies
- Link these speakers to your existing Samsung soundbar to upgrade the TV sound
- It comes with a beautiful and efficient remote control
- Affordable budget and great audio
- The speakers are wall-mountable
- Plug and play design
- Stylish design for perfect synchronization with your TV
- Compatible only with specific models of Samsung soundbars
- Not good for music
Polk Audio T15 Passive Bookshelf Speakers For Powerful Sound
- GET SUPERIOR HOME THEATER EXPERIENCE WITH IMMERSIVE SURROUND...
- Use these wall-mountable bookshelf speakers as FRONT,...
If you don’t want a 5.1 surround system, still want a great sound with outstanding bass and that’s also at a low budget, this pair of bookshelf speakers are perfect for you.
You will need an external amplifier whether new or existing because these are passive speakers and you cannot connect directly to your TV unless powered by some external source.
It is good if you have an existing one but you can also buy one for these speakers at a reasonable price because these are 5.25″ drivers that don’t require much power to work.
If the amplifier is good, bass and sound quality will be perfect and of course, these will prove as the best external speakers for your TV at a medium budget. Thanks to its 3/4″ tweeter and a port on the front of each cabinet that improves clarity and increases bass quality.
These are bookshelf speakers, so you can easily place them on the shelf of a bookcase or near your TV or anywhere you like because they will not occupy too much as other big size speakers.
- Polk Audio speakers are great for Hi-Res audio and deep bass
- They are equipped with Dolby and DTS technology
- Get a true surround sound experience with your TV
- They come with a built-in microphone
- Bookshelf speakers with a wall-mountable design
- Compact size but great performance
- Very cheap cost, just under $100
- Expandable design up to 5.1 or 7.1 channel system
- Passive speakers that require an amplifier
Acoustic Audio AA5172-Affordable 5.1 Channel External TV Speakers
- Bluetooth 5. 1 Home Theater Speaker System - Stream Music...
- Easy Plug And Play Connections - Standard Rca Inputs Connect...
Although very small speakers to see 700 watts of power plus wireless and many other connection options plus a very low price make them perfect external speakers for your TV.
The subwoofer combined with 5 speakers makes a complete sound system for your TV. It is a perfect sound system as well if you have a small room.
From the remote, you can easily control it. There are also controls on the front panel of the subwoofer that are much more reliable as well.
It provides you with more features as compared to all the other similar systems mentioned. Despite these features and high power, the price is not high.
It would be a good choice for you especially if you are buying external TV speakers for the first time because you do not have to invest a lot of money. Later on, if you wish you can switch to bigger speakers with a separate or built-in amplifier that deliver very loud sound.
- Acoustic Audio are the perfect external speakers for your TV
- It is a 5.1 channel system that delivers surround sound
- They feature Bluetooth, stereo RCA, USB, SD card slot, and FM tuner
- The 700 Watt output power is enough to produce an earthshaking audio
- Small size but the great output
- Great match for TV plus music
- Reasonable price and high quality
- An efficient remote along with controls on the subwoofer
- Lacks Bluetooth and Wifi support
- The speaker terminals are in the form of spring clips
ELAC Uni-Fi 2.0 UB52-High Budget Speakers
- True 3-Way Speaker Design
- Newly Developed Concentric Driver Featuring a 4" Aluminum...
No matter whether your TV is placed in a small, medium, or big room, these speakers, when combined with a good amplifier, can produce a sound that has good bass and enough sound.
These are 3-way speakers each with a tweeter, midrange, and bass driver. The bass and sound are very clean without distortion.
The driver speakers are 4.25″ and 1″ wide-roll surround tweeters. As these are bookshelf speakers so you can place them on the shelf of a bookcase or a table in front of your TV.
The sensitivity is 85 dB and each channel should be given power from 40 watts to 140 watts for safe and better sound quality.
You should go for these speakers if you have a good budget for buying external speakers for TV because you will need an amplifier as well if you do not have one already.
- Elac Uni speakers come from the category of high-class speakers
- They are suitable for all sorts of home theaters including small or large
- They feature Almunium mid-range driver, tweeter, and front-firing ports
- Good for music, TV, and home theater
- Bookshelf speakers with easy placement
- Well-balanced sound with powerful drivers
- No wireless connectivity
- Needs an external amplifier
- A high-budget external speaker system for the TV
Audio Fox Wireless External TV Speakers
- Audio Fox TV Wireless Speakers – Bring the sound closer to...
- Extra Close – Mount your aesthetic TV listening devices on...
You may be wondering if these are not speakers but headphones. Actually, these are speakers and not headphones and may prove as the best external speakers for your TV if you love to hear only clear sound in your room.
These are small speakers that wirelessly connect to your TV and play the sound near your ears. These are very useful for listening to sound clearly in the whole room and especially when the TV is at a distance from you.
These speakers are somewhat unique from others. You can watch TV placed away from you but the sound is very close to your ear. The sound is just clear but not with bass to enjoy music. So this is good only if you want to watch TV dramas or shows but not listen to music.
The best advantage is that you can also listen to other sounds like if anyone calls you from outside the room, your doorbell, or talking of any other person near you. If there is another colleague with you watching TV sitting beside you, he will also be able to take advantage of it.
Moreover, it is very portable and you can move it easily around and place it where you sit.
- Audio Fox are unique speakers resembling the headphones
- Great for individual listening without disturbing others
- An excellent choice for those who are tired of wearing the headphones
- Connect wirelessly with your TV and listen to audio anywhere in the room
- Highly preferable if you do not want a room-filling sound instead need to remain alert for the external noises
- Design is just like headphones but not to wear
- Greatly portable, light-weighted, and mountable speakers
- Stereo speakers with decent sound and volume
- Ideal and smart external TV speakers
- Do not expect a loud sound and deep bass
- Not recommended for listening to music
Pyle New Generation Portable Speakers For TV Listening
- WIRELESS: Never miss a sound with the Pyle wireless TV...
- FOR ANY MEDIA SYSTEM: Included transmitter base with analog...
This is also a unique speaker from all the above mentioned. It is not only portable but also multi-functional. Whether you are alone or with some other colleague, no matter whether you want to disturb your fellow sitting beside you or not, this speaker gives you all the options.
This speaker connects to your TV within the range of 100 feet which is really good, you can move around your home easily.
If you are sitting in the room at a distance from the TV where built-in TV speakers cannot deliver good sound, it will bring the sound near your ears. If you do not want to disturb someone sitting or sleeping beside you, you can plug the ears in.
It does not work only in this way but has other features as well. You can insert an SD card and enjoy music. Actually, it is a music player but we can also use it with a TV. Ease of use and many features compel its users to love it.
This little device connects with your TV as well as many other devices. The price is also affordable and has a 1-year warranty.
- Pyle is a portable Soundbox speaker for TV
- Connect it via Bluetooth to your smart TV or any other wireless device
- Portable speaker with 100 feet wireless connectivity range
- Highly recommended for those who want a compact, smart, wireless, and low-cost external speaker for their TV
- It produces full-range stereo sound
- Comes with Digital Optical and Analog connectivity
- Rechargeable battery with an 8-hours playtime
- Supports MP3 iPod and all media players
- It is not a high-class speaker for earthshaking sound
- Some users complain that the battery is not powerful enough
PreSonus E4.5-4.5″ 2-Way-Loud Sound Powered Speakers For TV
- A great choice for music lovers, content creators and...
- Now comes included with Studio One Prime and Studio Magic...
For audio lovers who can’t rely on very low sound with no bass, Presonus brings a good solution.
Using RCA, AUX, etc. you can connect these speakers directly to your phone and you don’t need any external amplifier because these are powered speakers with a built-in amplifier.
You can control bass and treble from the back panel and you also have the option to connect the subwoofer if you want to increase the bass.
Both speakers have a maximum output power of 50 watts i.e 25 watts per side.
4.5″ drivers deliver enough sound for the price but if you want very high sound with rattling bass, you must buy a big sound system that I have mentioned above and some powered bigger sound systems discussed below.
- PreSonus is a great choice for audiophiles
- These speakers are recommended as external TV speakers as well as for studio monitors, gaming, and music
- You do not need an external amp because built-in amplifier power up these speakers
- Loud sound and deep bass
- Near-field speakers with a total of 50 Watt output power
- 2-way speakers with adjustable bass and treble
- Allows you to add an extra subwoofer
- Convenient controlling-power buttons are on the front
- Feature RCA and AUX connectivity
- The bass response cannot be matched with larger speakers
- Slightly deficit in mid-range
Kanto YU4 Powered Speakers with Bluetooth
- 4” Kevlar drivers and 1” silk dome tweeters deliver...
- Integrated Bluetooth with Qualcomm aptX technology lets you...
These speakers are almost similar to the previous ones but with more power and low price. Each speaker has 140 watts power capacity that really delivers the desired sound and this sound fills the room.
Each product is somewhat different from the others. One provides more features while the other cuts on some features and reduces the price. There are many differences that are available in similar-looking products.
It depends on you what you need. If you want to connect a speaker to the TV and that option is available, others may not be of any use to you if you have not planned to connect somewhere else.
These come with a built-in D class amplifier and have a 4″ driver and 1″ tweeter on each speaker. The sound is very clear and distortion-free even at high volume.
Speakers are bookshelf means they are compact for easy placement near your TV and have subwoofer output that you can connect to increase the bass and sound quality much more.
You have more options to choose your favorite color from 4 different available colors. In short, you can have good-sounding speakers that also look beautiful if you have the budget for them.
- The Kanto YU4 are classy and luxurious external speakers for the TV
- They are available in 9 beautiful colors to add aesthetics to your home theater
- They feature Bluetooth with Qualcomm aptX technology
- Equipped with a built-in phono amp, Kanto can be connected to any device
- Great sound at a low price
- Each speaker has a Class-D amplifier and a 4-inch driver
- Bookshelf speakers with a subwoofer output
- Ideal for TV as well as for music
- Bass needs improvement
- Some features like Bluetooth are always ON
Also Read: How To Connect Wired Speakers To Phone
Audioengine A2+ Plus Powered Wireless Speaker
- PREMIUM POWERED BLUETOOTH SPEAKERS: The award-winning A2+...
- FEATURES: Bluetooth aptX, a USB audio input and dual analog...
Audioengine A2+ Plus is another pair of speakers that you can use as external TV speakers.
These are little but valuable speakers with great features, compact size, and awesome look. Loved by thousands of people. This pair of speakers has a Bluetooth connectivity feature using an adapter and Digital to analog converter. It can help when you send digital signals and it will automatically convert them to analog.
They have a built-in amplifier and sub-out for connecting an additional subwoofer if you wish to hear even better sound and increase the bass.
You can connect these speakers to your TV using AUX, and RCA. Using a Bluetooth connection requires purchasing Audioengine’s A3 wireless adapter.
- Audioengine A2+ has an elegant design in 3 colors
- Multiple connectivity options including dual analog, USB, digital-analog converter, adapter, and RCA
- Bluetooth aptX ensures smooth and fast audio transmission
- Wireless and powered stereo speakers with built-in amplifier
- Bookshelf speakers with a 60 Watt output power
- Smartness and elegance are combined together
- A 3-year product warranty
- You need to purchase the Audioengine A3 wireless adapter separately
- The low-ends become muddy when connected to a subwoofer
Bose Companion 2 Series III Multimedia Speakers For TV
- High quality audio performance, with clear sound at any...
- Play an additional device just connect to the auxiliary...
Who doesn’t know Bose for their audio products? From Headphones to Speakers, Bose provides really great performance. This pair of Bose speakers just deliver what is promised on all Bose products. If you are an audio lover, you must know about Bose audio gears.
These are mini-speakers with a total weight of only 1800 grams and dimensions of 5.9”x7”. Though small, the design is much attractive and the price is also very low.
There are two AUX input ports, one on the front and the other on the back which means that you can connect your TV and one other device simultaneously. This is a unique feature of this pair.
The audio quality is neat and clean just like other speakers of Bose but here you do not have wireless compatibility. Everything else is good because you are not paying a heavy amount so all the features are not possible in budget-friendly products.
- Bose is the name of trust and quality
- Bose Companion II is a pair of compact bookshelf speaker for the budget
- They are Bluetooth speakers along with dual AUX input and headphones jack
- Synchronize perfectly with the TV as external speakers plus connect to the monitor
- Connect to any multimedia device
- An all-purpose speaker system
- Compact size and easy installation
- Great bass without any subwoofer
- Lacks HDMI and USB-C
- Some users find it expensive as compared to other speakers
Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Powered Bookshelf Speakers
- BLUETOOTH CONNECTION - Pair your phone, tablet or computer...
- 2 x AUX INPUT - Convenient connection to any device that has...
This is the second pair of speakers from Edifier that is much more versatile and stylish. You can connect your TV or any other device directly to these speakers without any additional amplifier.
Dynamic range control removes distortion and it also has built-in digital signal processing.
Each speaker has a 4″ driver, a 19mm tweeter, and a port for air transfer on the front side of the cabinet. You can control the speakers using a remote control that comes along with it.
On the side, there are controls for bass, treble, and volume. Here is something unique, when you turn on the speakers the volume resets to a sensible level even if it was full when switched off.
It ends your worry that when you turn on the speakers, there will be a sudden blast of sound. When you turn these speakers on early in the morning, your experience will not be ruined suddenly.
- Edifier gives powered speakers that do not need an external amplifier
- Active near-field studio monitors that are ideal to use with TV
- These are Bluetooth speakers and can pair to any media device
- Come with RCA and dual auxiliary ports, so the system can be extended
- Wooden enclosure with a classy finish
- Comes with a remote control
- A 2-year warranty from the manufacturer
- Bass response is not perfect
Edifier R980T 4″ Active Bookshelf External TV Speakers
- 24 WATTS RMS POWER OUTPUT - Active bookshelf speaker system...
- CLASSIC WOOD FINISH - 100% wooden enclosures to minimize...
Again a speakers pair from Edifier, you may be wondering why I included 3 models of Edifier in my review. You should know how I love Edifier speakers and how much I am satisfied with this brand.
Actually, all the speakers of Edifier are very affordable and provide more than expected. I have reviewed 3 different models, so if you wish to get one from this brand you have a good option.
From little beautiful design to outstanding performance, you will be impressed. Although the small size and minimum price but something that really worth the money.
Each of these speakers has a 4″ driver and 13mm tweeter, a port for air transfer on the front. They have volume and bass controls, and dual inputs on the rear panel.
Both of these speakers have 24 watts RMS i.e 12 watts for each. A 2-year warranty ensures a good quality product at a reasonable budget.
- Another Active TV speaker system from Edifier
- They come with a built-in amplifier and make a 2.0 setup
- Feature dual AUX input and two RCA ports
- Come with a 2-year warranty period
- Bookshelf speakers with compact design
- Hassle-free connectivity
- Low cost-just under $80
- Stylish speakers with great performance
- Low-bass frequencies are not ideal
- Not suitable for audiophiles
Tips For Choosing The Best External Speakers For Your TV
Keep some of these things in mind to decide which speaker you should actually buy. From the sea of speakers, making a single choice is somewhat complex.
Size & Type
Choosing the perfect size of speakers may or may not be confusing for you. The built-in speakers of your TV are small that deliver sound to your bed hardly and even not.
Some people just want to upgrade speakers to enjoy music and movies with a powerful sound system, so in that case, your priority will be bigger speakers with powerful bass and sound quality. All of the powered and passive bookshelf speakers given in this article can work great for you.
If you want pure sound, no matter if it is low but pure covering most of the frequencies, all 5.1 surround sound systems included in the review are for you.
It is the first thing you should check before buying any speaker. Check on the back of your TV which audio outputs are available and make sure at least one of them is supported by the speakers you buy.
Today, if you have both the TV and speaker’s new models, you may not face this issue as most of them have the same and multiple connection options.
When investing in speakers or TV, checking wireless connection also matters as everyone likes to go wireless.
Where your TV is placed and where do you have to adjust your upcoming speakers? Decide before buying which place is available for them and buy accordingly.
For example, if you buy passive bookshelf speakers, you will certainly need to have an external amplifier, so you have 3 items to be adjusted properly before they work.
If mistakenly bought speakers that cannot be adjusted with your TV, you may need either to change the TV place or replace the speakers. However, portable speakers do not cause such problems and can be adjusted anywhere easily.
Also Read: Best Equalizer Settings For Movies
Demand and price need to be kept in mind. If you have a good budget and you are willing to spend any money to get your desired speakers, you are ready to go and choose one just by looking at your loved features.
But the problem is when you have a limited budget but has wished for some features to be available. Here, in this case, you must list all the best speakers that fall within your price range. Now select one that comes with most of your desired features.
As you spend more, you will get more features but in cheap speakers, you have to compromise on either one or another feature.
Frequently Asked Questions about External TV Speakers
After reading all the above, some questions will surely appear in your mind. I have tried to answer them before you ask.
What are the best speakers for TV?
Kanto TUK and Klipsch Black Reference are really the best speakers for your TV. The first one is a powered bookshelf speaker that sounds loud and delivers top-end performance. While Klipsch Reference is small but a complete 5.1 surround system that has satellite speakers and a subwoofer for producing clear and crisp sound.
What is the cheapest external TV speaker?
Edifier R1280T is a powered bookshelf speaker at the cheapest price around $60. It has a 4″ driver, a built-in amplifier, and a dual AUX connection. These features are really great for this budget. The quality of sound is just like some expensive speakers. The look is also beautiful.
Soundbar or Speakers, which is better for TV?
As soundbars are often small speakers that are capable to produce only limited sound. While speakers can range from low to very high. According to your budget, you can select a very high-quality speaker.
How I can connect external speakers to my TV?
The external speakers can be connected via the RCA output or the headphones jack. Most speakers and TVs feature an RCA jack. So, you can use an RCA cable to make the connection. Otherwise, use a 3.5 mm audio cable to connect the TV with the speakers. The 3.5 mm audio jack is the same as on your phone or laptop to connect the headphones.
Why do I need external speakers for my TV?
Although all TVs come with built-in speakers yet they do not produce a loud sound. Because the smart design of the latest TVs cannot accommodate powerful speakers. So, you need to attach an external speaker or speaker system to enjoy the movies and shows truly.
Is it good to buy a Bluetooth speaker for my TV?
A Bluetooth speaker is a great option if you want a seamless setup with your TV. You do not need any wires to run along with your room. Moreover, the Bluetooth speakers have the extra advantage of pairing with any device. However, being wireless devices, they can work within a certain distance. Also, Bluetooth speakers are prone to disconnection and compressed audio if you choose a low-quality product. Choose a speaker featuring Bluetooth 5.0 or 5.2 version.
How to check whether my TV has Bluetooth or not?
You can check the Bluetooth from the settings of your TV. Open the Settings menu and then go to Sound settings. Choose the ‘Sound Output’ option. A Bluetooth speakers list appears if your TV supports it. Another way is to read the technical specifications of your TV to know whether it has the Bluetooth feature or not.
What are powered speakers and their benefits?
Powered speakers come with a built-in amplifier. You can connect them directly to your TV. A powered speaker does not need to connect to an external amplifier. It delivers processed and amplified audio. While the passive or non-powered speakers are attached to an amplifier to enhance the sound signals.
Can I connect external speakers to my TV without a receiver?
Yes, it is pretty easy to hook up an external speaker to your TV without a receiver. Locate the 3.5 mm audio jack or Aux port on your TV. It looks like the headphones jack present on your smartphone or computer. Now, take a 3.5 mm audio cable and connect it to your TV and speaker.
Can computer speakers be used as TV speakers?
Computer speakers give louder and clear sound. But, all of them may not give the special audio effects. However, you can still use them to upgrade your TV sound and to get a louder volume. Generally, the computer speakers are equipped with USB ports that may not be available on your TV. Nevertheless, you can use a USB adapter, 3.5 mm audio jack, or amplifier to connect them to the TV.
Video on Connecting External Speakers to TV
This was a brief review of almost 16 best and top-rated external speakers for TV. Hope it had helped you. Moreover, I also included some things that you should check before buying any speaker for your TV.
Must read Speakermag’s review of 8 Best Klipsch Bookshelf Speakers because you can use all these speakers as external TV speakers. As I have reviewed these speakers separately, so I have not included any of these models in this list.
I suggested the top 16 external speakers for TV that are popular in 2022. I tried to include all sorts of speakers keeping in mind the low and high budgets, smartness, and audio quality. Hopefully, you will like my effort.
Last update on 2023-01-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API