Last updated on May 6th, 2022 at 06:19 pm
In this article, I am going to review the best 5.25-inch car speakers for the money in 2022. This size is the most popular and fits well in cars. You will get an excellent audio experience from these speakers.
There may be factory models already installed in your car that are not providing any good quality sound. So, these speakers are here to replace them and take your audio listening experience to the next level by increasing the clarity and bass of sound.
5.25″ speakers are the best upgrade in your car audio system and these speakers are worth the money. At a reasonable price, you will get what you want. A cent of you will not go waste.
My Top Choice is Rockford Fosgate Again
Rockford speakers always stay at the top of the list when it comes to my choice of car speakers. The R1525X2 meets my expectations in terms of performance as well as quality.
Moreover, this speaker is worth the money and is the best one in 2022. I found its build quality excellent. In addition, I also like its frequency response as it covers both low and high frequencies.
There is always more to say about this speaker. Therefore, you have to read the complete review below. I have included a full review of this speaker along with the pros and cons. You must also read my reviews on 6 other best 5.25″ car speakers in 2022.
Here is my priority list of the 7 best 5.25″ car speakers for the money.
Rockford Fosgate R1525X2-Best For The Money
Polk Audio DB522 DB+ Series 5.25″-Best Value
Pyle PL53BL 5.25” Car Sound Speaker-Best Affordable Budget
P55.4C BOSS Audio Systems-Worth The Money
Kenwood KFC-1366S-Perfect For Car Audio
DS18 PRO-FR5NEO-Best Sound Quality Even at High Volume
Sony XSR1346-Easy To Install & Best Quality
Read the review of all these speakers and better understand their features.
1. Rockford Fosgate R1525X2-Best For The Money
This is my top #1 choice and this speaker also wins higher customer satisfaction. Rockford Fosgate R1525X2 is a top-rated and best-selling speaker that is worth the money. Not a very high price, but very high quality.
Polypropylene woofer offers you a high-end performance. No matter, whether you listen at low volume or very high volume there will be great clarity in the sound. Silk-dome flush-mounted tweeter and integrated tweeter crossover are the factors that keep the sound consistent when the volume level rises.
Rubber surround woofer cons and included grills make the speaker even great.
When you have balanced the bass, mid, and treble, you will be surprised to see the performance. If you were using factory speakers before, you will be much impressed by Rockford Fosgate 5.25-Inch Speakers.
Overall, these speakers have a great look, durability, top-end performance, and cheap price. The very good thing is that these are very easy to install. Especially if you are a newbie with no technical knowledge, you will be able to install these speakers completely by yourself in no time.
The bad thing about these speakers is that they do not have powerful bass and due to sharp corners these are difficult to install in some vehicles. Bass is not a big problem but make sure they fit in your car. However, except for a few vehicles like civic, they install easily in all the cars.
- 2-way car speaker
- Polypropylene woofer
- 62 Hz to 20,000 Hz frequency range
- 2 watts to 40 watts power range per speaker
- Rubber surround
- Integrated tweeter crossover
- Silk-dome flush mounted tweeter
- Rubber surround
- Very durable
- Easy installation for newbies with no technical knowledge
- Sound clarity
- Affordable price, worth the money
- Includes grills & mounting hardware
- A pair of high-quality speakers
- Not powerful bass needs a subwoofer for the best bass
- Some people reported popping and crackling after some time
- Do not fit in some models of cars like civic
Also Read: Connecting 6 Speakers To a 2 Channel Amp
2. Polk Audio DB522 DB+ Series 5.25″-Best Value
Polk Audio is another best 5.25-inch speaker that can fit in almost all cars due to its shape that you can see in the photo. This something that is very good for beginners, they can buy it easily without worrying much if it will fit in their car.
The other good thing is easy installation. If you are a beginner, you neither need to worry about fitting or installation.
As this speaker is marine approved, you don’t need to worry about exposure to wet conditions. However, it is built to protect from heat and moisture. You can even use these speakers on bikes and jeeps.
These speakers have the power to handle 100 watts, so you will hear the best quality of sound. 0.75-inch tweeter produces good mid and treble. When you have equalized settings, you will get a clear and impressive sound.
91 Db makes these speakers great even if not using an amp. Overall, these are the best 5.25″ coaxial speakers with only the demerit of a bit high price. However, your money will not go waste and you are going to get something awesome. Your sound will be clear even at full volume.
- Easily fit in most cars and install
- 100 watts power handling capacity
- Marine certified
- 91 dB high sensitivity
- Polypropylene and UV tolerant cone
- The best alternative to head unit with amp
- Best for beginners
- Approved by Marine, heat, water, and dirt resistant
- Fits in almost all the cars
- Perfect 0.75-inch tweeter
- Can be installed on bikes and jeeps as well
- 100 watts high RMS
- The price is a bit high
- Bass could be better, however, it is not bad
Also Read: How To Wire 2 Channels To 1 Speaker
3. Pyle PL53BL 5.25” Car Sound Speaker-Best Affordable Budget
If you are looking for an affordable 3-way speaker, this one is for you. Most people get 2-way speakers. However, if for some reason you prefer a 3-way speaker, I have included it in my review.
These speakers have a heavy magnets that can last longer than expected. High-temperature ASV voice coil makes this speaker perform well even at high temperatures.
100 watts RMS and 200 watts peak power really give you a clear sound. You will enjoy any type of music you play.
Non-fatiguing butyl rubber surround increases the lifespan of your speaker by protecting it.
These speakers have 89 dB sensitivity and a frequency range of 100-20000 Hz.
The range of sound produced by these 3-way speakers is fuller and better than traditional 2-way speakers as well as your factory speakers.
The only bad thing I found about these 5.25″ speakers is their difficult installation. Without some types of equipment, they cannot be installed. However, after installation they are perfect.
- The frequency range of 100-20000 Hz
- 20 oz magnet
- 89 dB sensitivity
- 4-ohm impedance rating
- ASV voice coil
- 100 watts RMS
- 200 watts peak power
- Loud and Clear Sound
- Added midrange
- Clear, louder, and impressive sound quality
- Better and fuller sound range than 2 way and factory speakers
- High-temperature ASV coil to perform well at high temperature
- Big magnet and frequency range from 100 to 20kHz
- Durable construction to last for many years
- Very affordable price, cheapest in this listing
- Best ever speakers for the money
- More directional
- Difficult to install for newbies and cannot be installed without having some accessories
Also Read: How To Wire a 4 Channel Amp To 6 Speakers
4. P55.4C BOSS Audio Systems-Worth The Money
People not satisfied with 2-way or 3-way speakers go for a 3-way speaker like this one. These speakers can produce an even louder and clear sound.
There are two tweeters of this speaker that are of premium quality and enough to fulfill your needs. Tweeters, woofer, and midrange give you outstanding sound quality.
The sensitivity of BOSS P55.4C is 93 dB which is really very high. The frequency ranges from 85 Hz to 20 kHz.
Diecast aluminum frame not only makes your speakers last for many years but also adds to the performance by preventing vibrations due to energy-absorbing properties.
Rubber surrounds further add to the quality. It also includes grills and the magnet is covered to protect from any damage. The magnet is quite big.
You don’t need to get an amplifier for these speakers. However, getting one will improve the sound quality.
- 4-ohm impedance
- 85-20 kHz frequency range
- 93 dB sensitivity
- Rubber surrounds
- Two tweeters per speaker
- A Mylar Cone per speaker
- Includes grills
- Covered magnet
- Covered magnet to prevent damage
- Includes grills
- Two tweeters per speaker make the sound impressive
- The very high sensitivity of 93 dB as compared to others in the list
- Rubber surrounds
- Diecast aluminum frame to prevent vibrations and make it durable
- No need for any amplifier
- Worth the money car speakers
- Installation instructions were not provided making it difficult to understand what to do
- The bass is not excellent, however not even bad for this price
Also Read: Connect Phone To Car Stereo Without Aux
5. Kenwood KFC-1366S-Perfect For Car Audio
If you want to get the perfect audio system for your car then Kenwood KFC-1366S is the best 5.25″ speakers for you. These speakers have superior performance at this price.
These 2-Way Coaxial Car Speakers have a total peak power of 500 watts, 250 watts for each speaker. The total RMS is 60 watts, 30 watts for each of these.
1-inch balanced dome tweeter makes the sound quality even better. The sensitivity of the speakers is 91 dB.
They have a Polypropylene cone with Treated Cloth Surround that makes the quality look more beautiful.
The Kenwood KFC-1366S has a frequency range of 40 to 20000 Hz and has 4 ohms impedance.
Overall from the look and built it is a worthy car speaker. If you want to replace these speakers with factor speakers, it will be a great choice as many people have already done it.
- 4 ohms impedance
- 91-decibel sensitivity
- Treated cloth surround
- Balanced dome tweeter
- Frequency range from 40 to 20 kHz
- 500 watts peak power
- 60 watts RMS
- Amazing sound quality
- Easy to install
- Fits in most cars
- Detachable grilles included
- The bass is not very high, but the sound is clear and the bass is acceptable
Also Read: Connect Phone To Car Stereo With Aux Cable
6. DS18 PRO-FR5NEO-Best Sound Quality at High Volume
If you have enough budget for speakers and you want to get some best and most high-quality speakers for the money, this can be your best ever choice. More in price as compared to all others on the list, but also has a premium quality of sound. The more you pay the more you get.
This is a 5.25″ size speaker that has a bullet cover to protect the speaker’s voice coil from dust and other damages. It also gives a beautiful look to the speaker and makes sound better.
The peak power is 400 watts and RMS is 200 watts. 1.2” high-temperature voice coil has excellent performance even when the speaker is running hot.
NEODYMIUM MAGNETS are very high strength.
- Bullet dust cover
- High-temperature voice coil
- Midrange powerhouse
- Includes Grill
- 400 watts peak power
- 200 watts RMS
- 95 dB high sensitivity
- 242Hz – 13.6KHz frequency range
- Clear sound at high volume
- Best car speaker for the money
- Very high-quality Neodymium magnets
- High-temperature voice coil to perform well while running hot
- 4-ohm impedance and high sensitivity
- Price is higher than others, but it is worthy
7. Sony XSR1346–Easy To Install & Best Quality
At the normal price range, Sony XSR1346 is one of the best 4-way speakers. Even if you are a newbie, you will not face complexities installing this 5.25-inch speaker in your car.
You will get a pair of speakers with a total peak power of 460 watts i.e 230 watts for each speaker. RMS of both of these is 70 watts i.e 35 watts per speaker.
These speakers have cloth surrounds with rubber coating. The polypropylene cone is filled with mica.
The frequency ranges from 60 Hz to 24000 Hz with a 4-ohm impedance. The sensitivity of Sony XSR1346 speakers is 87 dB which is enough but less than other models on the list.
4-way speakers can give you a loud and clear sound. If you install and then equalize properly, you will get awesome results.
The bad thing about these speakers is that the covers are useless and do not protect them from different items like food, dirt, moisture, etc. You need to be more careful while opening and closing the door of your car if you install these speakers there.
However, these are speakers that can give you the bass you are expecting. As many other models listed above have problems with bass, this one has superior bass quality. These speakers are the best speakers for the money.
- 4-way speaker
- 460 watts peak power
- 70 watts RMS
- Cloth surround with rubber coating
- 4-ohm impedance
- 60 to 24000 Hz frequency range
- 87-decibel sensitivity
- Mica filled polypropylene cone
- Very easy to install or replace factory speakers
- High bass car audio system
- Speakers that are worth every penny
- Listen to any type of music with great clarity
- Bass could be better
- Speaker covers are not good
These were all 5.25″ speakers that I think are the best and worth the money. Every speaker has merits as well as demerits. However, in every speaker, the demerits are overcome by the quality and top features for the price we pay.
However, all these speakers are good to replace your factory speakers. Even if you are installing the speakers for the first time you will get an amazing experience.
Now the choice is yours. Select the one today and get it now before it runs away.
How to buy 5.25″ speakers that worth the money?
When you go to buy a 5.25-inch speaker, there are some things that you should keep in mind to get the best one.
Peak Power and RMS
First of all, understand that peak power is the maximum power that a speaker can handle. RMS(root mean square) is the maximum continuous power that a speaker can handle. RMS is the maximum power at which you can run a speaker for a long time.
For example, if the peak power of a speaker is 100 watts, you can run it at 100 watts but not for a long time. And if the RMS is also 100 watts, you can run it at this power for a long time.
So, if you want to listen to music at full volume, try to get a speaker that has almost equal peak power and RMS.
You should also pay special attention to this feature when looking for the best 5.25″ speakers. Firstly, understand that sensitivity is the amount of volume produced by a speaker in relation to power. Make sure the speaker you buy has more than 84 dB sensitivity and not buy below it. The more the sensitivity the better it is. The sensitivity of 92 dB and up is excellent.
When buying a speaker, durability is something that plays an important role in the performance and long-lasting of the speaker. If the frame of a speaker is weak and light, it will not only last lesser life but will also disturb the sound quality by vibrating. A good heavy frame increases the sound quality and life of the speaker. A speaker is best for the money only if it is durable.
For a durable and quality build speaker, look for the following things: Frame, the material of the woofer cone, resisting material for surrounds, and check if the magnet is big or not.
As speakers come in two-way, three-way, and four-way, you should buy one according to your taste.
Two-way speakers: If you want a speaker that can provide a good performance by delivering high and low frequencies, traditional two-way speakers are perfect. These speakers have a woofer and tweeter only.
Three-way speakers: As compared to two-way speakers, a three-way speaker has a woofer, a tweeter, and a midrange. People who prefer mids should go for three-way speakers.
Four-way speakers: These speakers are best for people who want top performance in the highs.
It is the range of frequencies a speaker can produce. We know from the frequency range, how much high or low-frequency sound a speaker produces. It is almost good for many speakers.
Kind of Speakers
There are two types of speakers i.e coaxial or full range and component speakers. Both of these have their features, advantages, and disadvantages.
Component Speakers: This type of speaker give you the chance to customize all of your audio systems. When you upgrade to these speakers, you need two tweeters, subwoofers, and crossovers.
These speakers are more expensive than coaxial speakers and produce more bass with great clarity. Using these speakers, you can better customize your audio setup.
Coaxial Speaker: These speakers are also known as full-range speakers. Although these are also the best 5.25″ speakers that are affordable as well, they are below the component speakers.
These speakers have built-in crossovers and tweeters mounted on woofer cones. You have no option to customize these speakers completely. These are often installed in factory audio systems.
Advantages of 5.25-inch Car Speakers
You can upgrade your car audio system by getting a pair of 5.25″ speakers but make sure to get the one that is worth the money. Every speaker is not the best and which is best gives you a lot of advantages when you install or use them.
Here are a few benefits that you will get from 5.25″ speakers as compared to other size speakers.
- Many different models of these speakers from different brands are available in the market that offers you a lot of price ranges. Depending upon your budget you can get a pair of 5.25″ speakers that are affordable to you.
- Most of these speakers are very easy to install for beginners. Even if you have no technical knowledge, you would be able to install these speakers yourself. They also fit easily in most cars except for a few models.
- If you want to upgrade your factory speakers, selecting this size is a good choice.
- As these speakers are small, you can fit them easily in compact cars whereas big speakers are much more difficult to install.
- Even when you listen at a high volume, there will be no sound distortion as compared to factory speakers.
- Due to their small and beautiful design, your car will look even more beautiful.
Tips For Upgrading/Using 5.25″ Speakers
If you have upgraded or thinking to upgrade your car’s audio system, my tips will help you a lot in using these speakers.
- You should properly power your speakers. Overpower/Underpower can damage your speakers or cause distortion
- Buy low RMS speakers for stock stereo with no amplifier
- Be patience! these speakers do not come hot out of the box. Take some time for these speakers to break in and give you a full performance
FAQs About 5.25″ Speakers
There are some questions people ask frequently about 5.25″ speakers. I have tried to cover most of them here.
Do 4-way speakers worth the money?
Four-way speakers have a woofer and extra tweeters that are worth producing high-quality sound. Due to more components, sound quality is superior which makes 4-way speakers worth the money.
Which is best in 2-way and 4-way speakers?
No doubt 4-way speakers are better than 2-way speakers. Extra tweeter in 4-way speakers creates more clarity in the sound.
Are 5.25″ speakers the best replacement for the factory speakers?
As you know factory speakers do have not good sound quality for music listeners. If you upgrade them to 5.25″ speakers, it will make a great difference.
Do 5.25″ speakers have much bass?
If you want high bass, you should go for some big size speakers. These speakers are small in size and the bass is also according to the size. Although the bass is acceptable for these speakers but not very high.
Hi, I’m Noor Alam, founder of SpeakersMag.com. I love music and got my Bachelor’s degree in Sound Engineering. Now I have started my own blog about music products. Just like you, I also love different music products and in my spare time, I share my knowledge with audio lovers on this site. Read more about me